Medicare Done Professionally
Let us help you understand Medicare from a consumers point of view.
Medicare Done Professionally (MDPrs)
The A, B, C, & Ds of Medicare
If you are already past your 64th birthday, you should start preparing yourself for Medicare. Medicare can be confusing and can be an overload of information. MDPrs is here to help you with your Medicare journey.
As your 65th birthday nears, MDPrs will educate you with all of your choices and help you make the RIGHT decision.
Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance)
Part A is managed by Medicare and provides Medicare benefits and coverage for:
- Inpatient care in hospitals
- Skilled nursing facility care
- Hospice care
- Home health care
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)
Part B (also called Original Medicare) is managed by Medicare and provides Medicare benefits and coverage for:
- Services from doctors and other health care providers
- Outpatient care
- Home health care
- Durable medical equipment
- Many preventative services
Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage)
Medicare Part C (also called Medicare Advantage) is a different way of getting Medicare Part A and Part B coverage.
- Includes all benefits and services covered under Part A and Part B
- Usually includes Medicare prescription drug coverage (Part D) as part of the plan
- Run by Medicare-approved private insurance companies that follow rules set by Medicare
- Plans have a yearly limit on your out-of-pocket costs for medical services
- May include extra benefits and services that aren't covered by original Medicare, sometimes for an extra cost
Medicare Part D (Prescription drug coverage)
A Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) can be a stand-alone plan (not joined with other insurance) or it may be combined with a Medicare Advantage Plan, also called a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MA-PD) Plan.
- Helps cover the cost of prescription drugs
- Run by Medicare-approved drug plans that follow rules set by Medicare
- May help lower your prescription drug costs and help protect against higher costs in the future
Fill gaps in original Medicare Part A and B, including deductibles, coinsurance, and copyaments.
- Medicare supplement insurance policies provided by life and health insurance companies.
- Has a monthly premium
- 10 different plans to choose from, each have same coverage no matter what insurance company you choose. Premiums will vary.
MDPRS is a Kansas City area Medicare consultant, located in Overland Park, helping you navigate your Medicare options.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
- United Healthcare
- Mutual of Omaha